Nautical Nights Beanie Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
Any nautical fan will love this homage to the sea.
Using the Fair Isle technique this beanie will fit all ages and can be made in all colors
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project. Don't know how to do Fair Isle? Don't worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section (13 pages!!!) that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
- How to make a magic adjustable loop.
Skill Level Intermediate
Recommended Yarn 3 - Light
Recommended Hook 3.5mm [US-E] 4.0mm [US-G] 2.5mm [US-C] 3.25mm [US-D]
Sizes Included are: Baby: 15" circumference Child: 17" circumference Woman: 20" circumference Man: 22" circumference
The beanie includes full written instructions as well as a color chart for the Fair Isle portion.
- Written Pattern
- Charted Instructions
- 4 sizes: 16" to 22" circumference
Materials you need at home:
- 230 yards of Knit Picks Palette yarn in Navy (24001) MC 60 yards of Knit Picks Palette yarn in Clarity (25548) CC
- 3.5mm or 4mm crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
Knit and Crochet Ever After
I strive to create fun and unique crochet and knit patterns.
I will be adding new patterns regularly as I dream them up, so stop back often.