New Tote on the Block- shoulder bag tote sewing pattern
The New Tote on the Block is a sewing pattern for a color block tote bag in two sizes. This pattern is simple to put together and comes with several color blocking variations. There are two closure options. This pattern is best for confident beginners and up. Diagrams and a photo tutorial are included.
There are also instructions for seven different types of pockets so that you can get just the right pocket configuration inside and out.
Because of all the pattern choices, there are many pages in the pattern piece documents--it is NOT necessary to print all of the pages. The pattern gives instructions on exactly which pages you need so that you can save paper.
DIMENSIONS: Smaller tote: 13” wide (33cm), 3.5” deep (9cm), 11.5” tall (shortest point) - 15” tall (tallest point) (29- 38cm) , 11” purse drop (28cm) Large tote: 20” wide at top (51cm), 14” wide at bottom (35cm), 6” deep (15cm), 12” tall (shortest point)-15.5” tall (tallest point) (30.5-39.5cm), 11” purse drop (28cm)
MATERIALS REQUIRED: - Exterior fabric, interior fabric - Fusible Fleece interfacing - Lightweight woven fusible interfacing - optional foam interfacing - either a zipper/magnetic snap
This pattern includes 27 pages of instructions, with detailed diagrams and a photo tutorial. There are separate files for the smaller tote and large tote. The smaller tote comes with 28 pages of pattern pieces (it is not necessary to print all 28), and the large tote comes with 40 pages of pattern pieces (see pattern for detailed info on which pages to print). Pattern instructions are given in both inches and centimeters. This can be printed on Letter or A4 paper.
YES! You may sell items made from this pattern. No, you may not distribute the actual pattern, I own it, copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved.
- Tote bag sewing pattern for confident beginners
- Two sizes, two closure options, six color-blocking variations, seven pocket options
- measurements in inches/centimeters
- prints on Letter or A4
Materials you need at home:
- Exterior fabric (54" wide)- 1/2 yd (small), 2/3 yd (large) for solid exterior
- Interior fabric 1/2 yd (small), 2/3 yd (large)
- Fusible fleece interfacing 1/2 yd (small), 2/3 yd (large)
- Woven fusible interfacing 1.5 yds (small), 2 yds (large)
- foam interfacing 17”x32” (43.5x81.5cm) (small), 19”x42” (48.5x107cm) (large)
- Magnetic clasp or 14” zipper/20” zipper (I recommend 4.5 handbag zippers)
- free arm sewing machine
- coordinating thread
- pins or clover clips
- 1-2 optional 6-8” zippers (3 or 4.5 zippers)
I'm Tori of Toriska Bags. I love creating PDF sewing patterns. When I'm not sewing purses I am sewing clothes for myself and my four children or reading a book.