Nial sleeveless aran pullover - knitting pattern
This little waistcoat features cabling back and front, with a sewn-on button/buttonhole band. You can choose how many buttons or toggles you want, or make it shorter or longer. Knit it up in any colour, so it’s suitable for the little boy or girl in your life. I used a washable worsted yarn, making it easy to care for after playtime. It will keep a tiny one cozy and warm, while still giving lots of freedom for busy little arms! Niall is the Irish form of Neil and means “champion.”
Actual Garment Measurements: Chest: 21 (23, 25)” Length from back of neck: 13 (14, 15)”
There are six pages to the pattern, with written instructions and photographs. The garment is knit flat, so only straight needles are required.
- PDF knitting pattern with photographs
- Written pattern (no chart)
- Sizes are in inches, but supplies are in both imperial and metric
- Suitable for experienced knitters
Materials you need at home:
You will need:
* Red Heart Comfort yarn – I used 145g from their 454g ball for the smallest size – this is a worsted yarn that can be washed and dried with ease.
* Knitting needles: 4mm (8 U.K., 6 U.S.) and 3.25mm (10 U.K., 3 U.S.)
* Spare knitting needles or stitch holders * Cable needle * Yarn needle for sewing up * Three or four buttons or small toggles