My hungry little mouse is nibbling on some cheese! If you are new to making knitted toys this is an easy introduction as it doesn’t have lots of pieces to sew together. This free pattern is for the toy mouse; the Gouda cheese knitting pattern is available free separately. The body of the mouse is 9.5 cm long. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The tail is i-cord knitted on two DPNs. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Instructions for making the mouse.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3mm knitting needles (US 2.5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- A few handfuls of toy filling
- Buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.