- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size About 165 cm or 65 " wide and about 40 cm or 15 , 3/4 " deep, after blocking
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn Fingering weight yarn (4 ply) , 100 g (about 400 m) in Main Colour, a solid colour , 50 g (about 200 m) in Contrast Colour, a variegated colour yarn , I used Supergarne Aktiv Cotton Col. , Circular Knitting needle 4 mm (US 6), at least 80 cm or 32 " long , tapestry needle for weaving in ends , Tension/ Gauge about 22 sts and 36 rows in stockinette st, after blocking , Alternative Yarn Suggestion Malabrigo Mechita Pearl and Jupiter , Sock yarns also work well for this project.
Evoking the spirit of yesteryear, this easy to knit lace trimmed shawl is a pleasure to make. Oaklinn Shawl is romantic and whimsical, a look you will love. The shawl has a crescent shape with elongated wings, which make it easy to wear in a number of different ways. Worked from the bottom up, easy to memorise lace bands in two colours teamed with straight forward shaping means this shawl doesn't require epic knitting.
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.