OBELIE Blouse 2-16 years PDF sewing pattern
Obélie is a blouse pattern for girls from 2 to 16 years old.
A bib and gathers embellish the front. Choose a fluid fabric with a rather heavy drape like viscose to highlight them. The bib can be embroidered, decorated with lace ribbons, or made with another fabric. Let your imagination run to get a personalized and unique garment.
The front neckline is original with its "rounded square" shape.
A slit at the back allows the passage of the head (it can be optional for larger sizes), and is closed by a link or a button. Long sleeves are flared at the bottom and tightened at the cuffs with an elastic for a nice ball shape.
You can also sew gathering cap sleeves, which the edge can be embellished with a decorative braid (lace or mini pompoms for example). Obélie can therefore be declined for all seasons.
This pattern is not difficult to make and is rather fast to sew.
- Full, detailed, sewing instructions with pictures
- From 2 to 16 years old
- A4/US letter and A0 full size pattern with layers to select the size you want to print
- All measurements in cm
Materials you need at home:
- Main fabric long sleeves: 60 / 100 / 110 / 120 / 130 / 140 / 150 / 160 cm on width (140 cm) OR cap sleeves: 60 / 70 / 70 / 80 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 100 cm on width (140 cm)
- Secondary fabric if you choose to cut the bib in a contrasting fabric: 30 cm on width
- Thin fabric for the lining of the cap sleeves (mandatory if you edge them with a braid): 10 cm on width
- (optional) Braid to edge the cap sleeves: 60 / 65 / 70 / 80 / 85 / 90 / 100 / 110 cm
- Elastic 0.8 cm width maximum for the bottom of the long sleeves: 34 / 36 / 38 / 40 / 41 / 42 / 43 / 44 cm
- To close the slit, depending on the choosen method: fine cord / fine ribbon / braided DMC embroidery threads...: 60 cm OR thin cord / round elastic: 6 cm and 1 button 10/12 mm diameter OR 1 hook and eye OR DMC embroidery threads (to make an embroidered button loop) and 1 button 10/12 mm diameter
Petits D'om Patterns
PDF sewing patterns for children and teenagers : garments, soft toys, plushes... www.petitsdom.com www.instagram.com/petitsdom www.facebook.com/petitsdom