- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the king and the two crowns with 11 photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
OLD KING COLE TOY DOLL KNITTING PATTERNS
Old King Cole is a merry old soul and a merry old soul is he! King Cole has two crowns to wear: a coronet with yellow points, and an arched crown with a white brim.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat on straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, change colours at the ends of a row (knit stripes) and sew seams. The king’s robe is finished with a single crochet border using a crochet hook, but if you are not sure how to crochet a border you could add a white trim using blanket stitch embroidery instead.
FINISHED SIZE: The king is approximately 15.5cm tall (when wearing the tallest crown).