Introducing Old King Cole, a merry old soul! The King has two crowns to wear: a coronet with yellow points, and an arched crown with a white brim. The doll is 15.5 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The king’s robe is finished with a single crochet border using a crochet hook (you could add the trim using blanket stitch embroidery if you prefer). You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the king and crowns with photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- A 3.75mm (US F/5) crochet hook
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.