My Sea Otters are going fishing! The otter is 21 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes and sew seams.
- Instructions to knit the otter and fish with photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- Hayfield Bonus DK yarn (100% acrylic, light worsted weight)
- A pair of 3.5mm (US4) straight knitting needles
- Polyester toy stuffing
- A pair of 10mm toy safety eyes per otter
- Nylon thread for whiskers
- Bamboo skewer for the fishing rod, trimmed to desired length
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.