What a hoot! This cuddly owl cushion will perk up your sofa. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, this owl is knitted in aran weight alpaca/wool blend yarns, and worked flat on single pointed needles (not in the round). This pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work, and both a chart and written instructions for the colour pattern are included. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the cushion and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- One size only - 27cm tall x 25cm wide.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4.5mm knitting needles (US 7)
- Aran yarn (worsted weight)
- Buttons for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.