The pacifier dragon is a friend to love – in all walks of life. Subtle and puzzled out as it is, it may be a pacifier holder, a toy, a stuffed animal and a crackling and burp cloth in one.
His back spikes stimulate babies to look at and feel. Rustling foil in the feet make babies pay attention. Cheesecloth on the belly make the dragon also serve as a burp cloth just in case. And the ribbon on the tail end can be closed so that the pacifier can be hold or buttoned to the stroller even prevented from sneaking away.
And the best part: It is your choice how your dragon will look like. With this detailed tutorial you can sew with a little experience your favorite dragon quite easily yourself.
♥ The eBook: This tutorial in PDF format contains a detailed step-by-step guide with 60 photos, 18 A4 pages and two sectional pattern pages in original size.
♥ The eBook explains you in detail what you have to consider in order to obtain a safe toy for babies and toddlers . Numerous additional tips suggest ways you can individualize your dragon. Sew rustling foil in the feet, embroider the baby's name on the dragon's back or vary the pattern for a cuddly pillow.
♥ dragon size: about 55cm x 20cm ♥ level of difficulty: average
♥ material: perfect for jersey , nicki or terry cloth - super to use up fabric remnants ♥ sewing duration: two to three hours
Copyright 2014 by "von Lange Hand" These instructions are only entitled for private use. Commercial use is prohibited! Dissemination, exchange and resale of this tutorial and the cutting pattern or parts thereof is explicitly prohibited, as is the publication or reproduction.
- an illustrated sewing tutorial
- pattern in original size
- tips, tricks and ideas for your own personal dragon
- suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- cotton fabric approximately 50cm x 30cm (for the back)
- hush cloth (prewashed as hot as possible , as it shrinks strongly), about 50cm x 30cm, alternatively cheesecloth (for the belly)
- jersey fabric for the feet and inside ears, approximately 25cm x 20cm
- colorful fabric remnants, remnants of ribbons (for example woven tape, cotton ribbon, bias or seam tape) or cord for the back spikes
- woven or cotton tape (1cm wide) for the ribbon on the tail, about 25 cm
- a press button (for example Kam Snap or Prym) + material for mounting
- black embroidery floss or darning cotton for eyes and nose
- fiberfill or wool, about 50g
von Lange Hand
Do you know this feeling when something special is created under your hands? Then it tingles in the tummy and a smile appears in your face. Especially when its one of a kind!
Because I love this feeling, I design sewing instructions in my little sewing studio. The ideas for my pieces come to me in my everyday life. Sometimes it is s a wild dragon, sometimes a practical changing bag and another time a buggy garland hops of my sewing machine. Only when working the refinements mature. If everything fits, I develop the tutorial. Step by step, I explain every detail, give additional tips and encourage variations. Numerous photos and a lovly design make each tutorial special.
PS: Sew with you on www.vonlangehand.de