If you love penguins, you will adore this little pair of penguin pals, complete with a knitted love heart. There is no tricky colour-work to master in this pattern, as the penguins’ eye and tummy patches are knitted separately in garter stitch and sewn onto the toy. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the penguins and heart are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the heart and penguins.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- Measurements are in metric.
- Penguins are 15cm tall and the heart is 7cm tall.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK (double knitting or light worsted weight) acrylic yarn
- Black buttons for the eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.