- Written pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate crocheter
- Worked in the round
- Gauge Hat 14 sts / 11.4 rounds = 10 cm / 4 inches measured over dc in the crown of the hat.
- Gauge Cowl Gauge is not critical in this cowl design. For the sample cowl 12.6 sts / 9 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) in stitch pattern (after blocking).
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
The hat in this set is in the pillbox shape reminiscent of the Forties and Fifties of the previous century. A most stylish way of keeping your head warm! To complete the set there is also a matching cowl.
The Paris Pillbox Hat and Cowl are worked from the top down and feature an eye-catching textured stitch pattern. This pattern is written using American English crochet terminology.
Size and finished measurements: Hat: Sizes S (M, L): 48.5 (58, 65) cm (19 (23 ¾, 26 ½) inches) circumference. Cowl: Sizes S (M, L): 67 (84, 101) cm (26 (33, 40) inches) circumference and 20 cm (8 inches) high.
Difficulty level: Techniques used consist of puff stitches, dc, dc increases, sc, bphdc and ch stitches. Because of this, the pattern is suitable for the intermediate crocheter.