The Peacock tea cosy is a very showy tea cosy especially ideal for when you need to put on a bit of a show at tea parties. When you think of a peacock you probably think of old stately homes where peacock roam the gardens fanning their tails, and the peacock cock tea cosy is not different, and looks perfect in a garden setting.
This tea cosy dose take a bit of time to make, however the knitting pattern uses simple knitting stitches, which are clearly written and easy to follow.
The main part of the cosy is knitted with double thickness yarn to keep the teapot really hot and the tail is kept elevated with boning usually found in garments.
The peacock tea cosy is a real stunner!
The Peacock's spectacular pattern of eyespots, evolved to startle or confuse predators, make it the ideal tea cosy to protect your second cup of tea by would be predators and tea suppers.
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 50g black double knitting wool
- 50g royal blue double knitting wool
- 50g dark green double knitting wool
- 20g King Cole Moments Lime DK wool
- 5g King Cole Moments Cream DK wool
- Small amount of lime, salmon, turquoise, white, and light brown double knitting wool,
- A pair of 12mm black safety eyes
- 1m of Grey 18mm Hemline Felt Covered Boning
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.