This simple garter stitch cushion cover is knitted in one piece (from the circumference in towards the centre). There are two versions of the pattern - one that is removable for washing and needs to be sewn up loosely or closed with clips, and one that is not removable and requires no sewing or clips. Five sizes are included, ranging from a radius of 12cm up to 22cm.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric measurements
- Five sizes: 12cm, 15cm, 18cm, 20cm and 22cm radii
Materials you need at home:
- 2 to 4 50g balls of Aran weight yarn (#4), depending on the size of cushion
- Small amount of waste yarn for provisional cast on
- A cushion insert (either a purchased insert, an old cushion, or sew your own circular insert)
- If making the removable cover: 1 wool darning needle or clips of your choosing
- Sewing machine and fabric if making your own insert
Twisted Jumbuck Designs
I am an Australian knitwear designer with a love of twisted stitches and innovative techniques. "Jumbuck" is an old Australian word for sheep, so I publish my patterns as Twisted Jumbuck Designs.