A Sweater and Hat knitted in Aran/Worsted Yarn for ages 2 to 10 years - just right for those youngsters who love penguins.
The ribs feature twisted stitches for added texture.
The hat has contrast colours incorporated in the stripes and a tassel.
There is a large colour chart for the penguin and instructions on how to make the tassel.
Suggested yarns include: Berroco Vintage Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran James C. Brett with Wool Aran King Cole Merino Blend Aran Rico Design Essentials Soft Merino Aran Sirdar Supersoft Aran Hayfield Bonus Aran
The pattern comes with coloured coded sizes which makes the pattern easy to follow for the size you are knitting.
A lovely cosy set for your youngster which is easy to knit and warm to wear.
- Illustrated 8 Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages 2- 10 years
- Large, coloured chart for the penguin
Materials you need at home:
- Main Yarn - Aran/Worsted Yarn 300-400 grams
- Colour 1 - 50 grams Black for penguin and stripes on hat
- Colour 2 – small amount of Bright Yellow for penguin and for hat and tassel
- Colour 3 – small amount of Lemon for penguin and for hat and tassel
- 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 – US6) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.