This funky pony hat is a warm accessory for winter. It features simple colorwork and a small pony chart. I designed it for a friend’s mother who loves horse riding, and I called it Pepito-Barnabe because if we ever have a pony, that would be its name.
GAUGE 4’’ / 10 cm = 12 stitches X 16 rows in pattern in the round Make sure that you can acheive the gauge or the hat might not fit.
FINISHED DIMENSIONS Circumference 53 cm / 21 inches
- Detailed written instructions
- A stranded chart for the pony
- Tips to adapt the hat to your head size
Materials you need at home:
- 100 grams = 120 yards / 110 meters Bulky yarn, 50 grams = 60 yards / 55 meters for each color
- US 10 / 6 mm circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge
- A stitch marker
- Pom pom maker (optional)
Solène Le Roux
My name is Solène, I live in Paris and I’ve been designing knitwear for over two years. I self-publish throug Ravelry and Makerist and I have three design to be published in third-party publications (Knit Picks, Knit Now and Holla Knits).
Crafts are for me a family tradition. My grandmother was a profesional dressmaker and I spent my childhood playing with spools of thread and fabric. My mother is more a knitter, and she is the one who taught me how to knit when I was a kid.