Introducing Pepperoni the Rat; he just loves pizza! The rat stands at 19 cm tall and the pizza slice is 12.5 cm long. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The rat’s tail and pizza crust are i-cord pieces knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). The pizza pattern incorporates Fair-isle colour-work. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the rat and pizza slice with photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm double pointed needles (DPNs)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Small buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.