- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the pelican and fish plus 13 photos
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English
PERCY THE PELICAN TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
A wonderful bird is the pelican, his bill can hold more than his belly can! With this pattern you can knit your own pelican, and a fish for his supper that he can carry in his beak.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. This pattern incorporates kitchener stitch grafting for the beak, and you can find a free tutorial on how to work kitchener stitch at http://fluffandfuzz.weebly.com/tutorials1/how-to-do-kitchener-stitch-grafting
FINISHED SIZE: The pelican is approximately 13cm tall and the fish is 4cm long.