Bring a bit of pastel personality to any space with these precious flags. You’ll be looking for any excuse to break them out and celebrate.
Each of the lace flags are knit flat, worked and blocked separately. Two flags of each colour are made before they are applied to an I-cord as it is knit. The overall length of the I-cord and the distance between flags can easily be adjusted for a customized fit to your personal space.
This pattern includes both written instructions and charts.
Skills required: decreases/increases, yarnovers, working simple lace from chart or written instructions, i-cord and applied i-cord
Gauge: 22 stitches and 23 rows = 4" / 10 cm in Stockinette Stitch, blocked
Finished measurements Flags: 6” wide x 8” long (15 x 20 cm) Assembled length: 106.5” (270.5 cm)
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Assembled length 106.5” (270.5 cm)
- Intermediate skill level
Materials you need at home:
- Knit Picks CotLin DK (70% Tanguis Cotton, 30% Linen; 123 yards/50g) C1 Flamingo, C2 Whisper, C3 Clarity, C4 Sagebrush, C5 Crème Brulee, C6 Swan (I-cord), 1 ball each
- 3.5 mm (US 4) straight or circular needles
- 2 3.5 mm (US 4) double-pointed needles
- yarn needle
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.