- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the hippo and jumper, plus photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
PIERRE THE HIPPO TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Pierre is a chunky little hippo with a striped jumper.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes (change colours at the ends of a row) and sew seams. To minimise seaming, the hippo’s head, body and legs are all knitted in one piece. This pattern incorporates short rows, and instructions on how to work short rows are included in the pattern. I also have a free tutorial to help you on my website at: http://fluffandfuzz.weebly.com/knitting-tutorials/how-to-wrap-and-turn-and-work-short-rows
FINISHED SIZE: The finished hippo is approximately 15cm tall.