Pinson is worked seamlessly in the round and in stockinette from bottom to underarm. The sleeves are worked apart and then body and sleeves are joined in a yoke. The yoke is worked back and forth to create a back opening. After some raglan decrease, a large neckband is worked in lace. The neckline is neatly finished with I-cord.
Pinson is offered in six sizes from XS to XXL.
Size : XS (S M L XL XXL)
Chest circumference: in 33 (35, 37, 39½ , 41½ , 44)
Chest circumference: cm : 84 (89, 94, 100, 105, 112)
Level: Intermediate Gauge: 4” x 4” (10 cm x 10 cm): 23.5 sts and 36 rows worked in the round in stockinette on needle US 4 (3.5 mm). Lace: 21 sts and 34 rows.
- knitting pattern with photo for 6 sizes , *Step by step instructions , *Chart for lace , *Imperial and merci measurement , *Some technical resources from internet
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn De Rerum Natura, Ulysse, [100% Merinos (MacoMerinos, Merinos d’Arles, Merinos Petra), 1.76 oz (50 g), 202 yd (185 m)], 7 (8, 8, 9, 9, 10) balls, 504, Azur.
- Scrap yarn few meters in another colour for the provisional cast on and to set aside underarms sts.
- 2 circular needles US 4 (3.5 mm), 32 in (80 cm) min. (or size to obtain correct gauge).
- 1 circular needle US 2.5 (3 mm), 32 in (80 cm) min. (or one size inferior to the size of the main needle) to close the hems; to work lace collar and to make I-cord at the neckline.
- 2 double pointed needle US 2.5 (3 mm), to make I-cord at the back opening.
- 7 stitch markers Ma, Mb, Mc and Md to mark edges at both sides of the body and to mark the raglan; Mx and My to mark edge of the sleeves; Me and Mf to mark lace pattern at the back (that the same markers than Mx and My, they are used after them); Mz to mark the beginning of round. , * Tapestry needle to close the small holes underarm and to weave in all ends.