The Christmas Lantern tea cosy is modelled on an old Victorian style lantern with a candle inside and a ring on the top. The lantern is decorated with pine cones, Christmas roses and a poinsettia, as if it's all ready to be carried around carol singing. The Christmas Lantern tea cosy is part of the pint sized collection for mini sized teapots that hold about a pint of tea, just enough for one.
The tea cosy is very detailed which does take time to make, but it is unlike any other tea cosy.
The tea cosy is knitted up in traditional Christmas colours so it feel very festive, and the cosy glow from the candle light makes the lantern look as hot as it keeps the tea.
On old fashioned looking Victorian Christmas lantern for a good old fashioned cup of tea
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a small sized teapot that holds 2 cups or 1 pint
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 50g black double knitting wool
- 20g white double knitting wool
- 20g yellow double knitting wool
- 20g lemon double knitting wool
- 10g brown double knitting wool
- 10g olive green double knitting wool
- 10g green double knitting wool
- 10g red double knitting wool
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.