We're more used to hearing about dormice living inside teapots thanks to Alice in Wonderland, but this dormouse likes to live on the teapot.
The pint sized Dormouse tea cosy is delightfully cute and he's holding a blackberry, which I suppose he's going to eat with his tea. He had big black eyes and large peachy coloured ears.
The tea cosy is knitted with double thickness wool, for warmth and the knitting pattern is simple and quick to knit. The double pointed needles are used to make an icord, all of the tea cosy is knitted on two needles.
This sweet little dormouse has been out collecting yummy blackberries to enjoy with tea.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a small sized teapot that holds 2 cups or 1 pint
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, double pointed needles,
- 3.25mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 50g Sandy Brown double knitting wool
- 20g flesh double knitting wool
- Small amounts of dark purple and green
- Black cotton
- 18mm black safety eyes
- Stuffing and PVA glue
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.