The ladybird tea cosy is a beautiful vibrant red tea cosy that looks just like a ladybird, and wouldn't look out of place at a garden tea party for one. The ladybird tea cosy is a small sized tea cosy perfect for two cup teapots that hold about a pint of tea.
The ladybird has 7 black spots and white facial features and looks very endearing sitting on the mini teapot.
The pint sized ladybird tea cosy is knitted with double thickness wool to keep the teapot really hot.
The knitting pattern for this tea cosy is easy to follow with simple stitches.
A mini bug for a mini teapot, this little ladybird is perfect for a small teapot.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a small sized teapot that holds 2 cups or 1 pint
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 50g red double knitting wool
- 20g White double knitting wool
- 20g black double knitting wool
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.