The puffin tea cosy fits a tea for one sized teapot. At about 19cm height this puffin tea cosy is about the actual size of a real puffin.
The puffin tea cosy has a brightly coloured beak and beautiful amber eyes. He has that sad little expression that makes puffins so endearing. His feet are bright orange and look so cute.
He feels like he should be in a seaside theme kitchen or even in a lighthouse or somewhere by the sea, a caravan holiday home maybe?
The puffin tea cosy is easy to knit, but the beak is worked from a chart to change the colours. But this is only for the first few rows. You also need to knit an icord, but full instructions are given.
The puffin tea cosy is very charming and is brilliant for keeping that second cup of tea in a one pint teapot hot.
When your puffin' for a hot cup of tea the Puffin tea cosy is perfect.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a small sized teapot that holds 2 cups or 1 pint
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 double pointed needles (Optional),
- 28g Black double knitting wool
- 15g White double knitting wool
- 8g Jaffa double knitting wool
- 2g Lipstick double knitting wool
- 2g Midnight double knitting wool
- 2g Citron double knitting wool
- 1g Sunshine double knitting wool
- A pair of 18mm amber safety eyes
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.