Introducing my Pirate Captain Octopus knitting pattern, the cuddliest octopus in the seven seas. The octopus is 28 cm tall. The octopus and hat are knitted in the round to minimise seaming; I knit in the round using a circular needle and magic loop but you can knit on a set of DPNs if you prefer. The eye patch is knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and a little seaming to finish.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- Photos, abbreviations and materials list are included.
Materials you need at home:
- A set of 3.5mm double pointed needles or circular needle (US 4)
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- One 12mm toy safety eye
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.