Please note that this listing is for a PDF tutorial and not a physical bag. There are no printable pattern pieces but the PDF contains all measurements and step by step photos with written instructions.
This bag design was inspired by a bag I bought on holiday in Pisa and I haven’t been able to find anything like it since, so I made a pattern for it. I think it’s the perfect little compact bag as it can fit all your essentials; I’ve even fitted an umbrella in it! It looks so different depending on your fabric choice and there are lots of unique ways to hack it. Create a timeless classic or go matchy matchy with your handmade outfits; it’s up to you.
Finished dimensions in inches: 7.5H (13.5H with straps) x 6W x 5D
Fabric Recommendations & Requirements: I’d recommend a medium to heavy weight woven fabric; furnishing linens, canvas and cotton are perfect.
- PDF Tutorial x 2 (1 version optimised for mobile)
- Measurements in Imperial (inches)
- UK English language
Materials you need at home:
- 0.5 metres/ 0.6 Yards of fabric and the same of light to medium weight interfacing
- 0.25 metres/ 0.3 yards of lining fabric
- A piece of wadding measuring 6 x 7 inches (15 x 18cm)
- A piece of elastic roughly 8 inches (20cm) long and 0.3-0.5” wide (0.8cm-1.3cm).
Kate Eva Designs
I taught myself to sew a few years ago because I couldn't find clothes that I liked, or fit me, in the shops. I haven't stopped since then and now have a nearly 100% me-made wardrobe. I’ve recently started to make my own sewing patterns that are simple and timeless designs suitable for beginners.