Cast on a kennel of canine characters this weekend with this quick-to-knit pocket dogs collection, including a Jack Russell, Pug, Rottweiler, German Shepherd and a Schnauzer! Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the dogs are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The Alsatian, Jack Russell and Schnauzer patterns incorporate intarsia colour-work so are slightly more advanced, but the other dogs are suitable for confident beginner knitters. Other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- The pattern is 9 pages and written in English
- Measurements are in metric.
- Photos are included of the finished dogs
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.25 mm (US 3) single-pointed knitting needles
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy safety noses and beads for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.