Knitting pattern for Poinsettia Christmas Wreath
No flower says Christmas like the beautiful poinsettia.
Poinsettias are part of the Euphorbiaceae or Spurge family. Botanically, the plant is known as Euphorbia pulcherrima. Poinsettias have also been called the lobster flower and the flame-leaf flower, due to the red colour.
I hope you enjoy knitting this striking wreath for your front door to display over the Christmas period.
- The pattern has instructions for knitting the flowers and leaves and how to wire them for the arrangement.
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- 7 pages with coloured photos
Materials you need at home:
- Flowers - Red Double Knitting yarn 2 - 100 gram balls ,
- Flowers - Small amounts of Dark Green Double Knitting yarn
- Leaves - Dark Green Double Knitting yarn 2 – 100 grams balls, Lime Green Double Knitting yarn 2 – 50 gram balls
- Small Amount of bright yellow Double Knitting yarn for French knots for the centre of the flowers
- 1 pair of 4mm (UK8-US6) knitting needles
- 40cm (16 ins) Circular Rattan Wreath
- Floristry Wire or 45m of 1 mm wire from the hardware store
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.