My Polar Bear is dressed in his Santa outfit, which can be removed so you can play ”dress up”. The bear is 25 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The bear pattern incorporates short row shaping. For the jacket you need to pick up and knit stitches along an edge. The jacket hood uses kitchener stitch grafting. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the bear and outfit.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 8 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for the eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.