This polar bear is keeping warm in their natty striped scarf. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the bear and scarf are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The bear is knitted in reverse stockinette and stockinette stitch to make a cuddly texture, and the scarf is a simple garter stitch knit. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- Photos of the finished bear are included.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3 mm (US 2.5) single-pointed knitting needles
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Black buttons for eyes
- Toy filling
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.