Poncho Pattern PDF (Easy-Peasy Two-Rectangles Poncho)
This poncho is made from TWO RECTANGLES stitched together, leaving room for the head / neck. It's EASY!
This pattern is basically one-size-fits-most, but I do provide a gauge and guidelines for altering the size.
This poncho consists of ch-2 spaces, dc stitches and hdc worked in back loops.
- Detailed written instructions - standard US English , crochet terminology
- Numerous how-to photos
- Suitable for BEGINNER crocheter
- Neck circumference 10” / length – neck to wrists 18”; , neck to bottom of short front / back 24”; neck to bottom , of long-hanging “points” 35”, The model wearing this poncho is 5’8”.
Materials you need at home:
- This poncho was made using CARON Simply Soft Tweeds 97% acrylic / 3% viscose yarn, weight MEDIUM 4 (5 oz / 141 g / 250 yd / 228 m).
- CARON Simply Soft Tweeds, color TAUPE x 1
- CARON Simply Soft Tweeds GRAY HEATHER x 4
- Size N/10 mm crochet hook (for base chains)
- Size M/13/9.00 mm crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
Sonja Hood (KnotYourselfOut)
I absolutely love to crochet! My mother taught me how when I was five years old, and it occupied a lot of my childhood.
It was during my time living in Bulgaria, as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer, that I first began to dream about writing and publishing my own crochet patterns.
As the years passed, work became my main focus, but I continued to dream about becoming a crochet designer and I collected inspiration from the many different places I was working in and traveling to: Bulgaria, Boston, Germany, Canada, Ireland (to name a few).
It was the birth of my son, ultimately, that finally gave me the opportunity to realize my dream. When my son was a baby, I wrote and published two crochet books (Painted Jute Rugs, Annie’s Attic, 2010 & Elegant Beaded Bags, Leisure Arts, 2013).
When my son began school my focus shifted to selling patterns online. I have been having the absolute time of my life -- crocheting, imagining crochet, writing about crochet, and engaging with many amazing crochet-lovers in online communities!
Home is now Toronto in Canada.
Thanks for reading my profile. I hope you will find a design in my shop that inspires you (the way it did me) to stitch up something beautiful.
Sonja Hood (Crochet Designer & Author)