Introducing my Poppy knitting pattern. You can sew a safety pin on the back of this flower to make into a brooch.The poppy is 6 cm across. The poppy is knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a k2tog decrease.
- Instructions for making the poppy.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- A button to decorate the centre of the poppy
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.