This cardigan is worked from the top. The construction is divided in the following parts:
- the seamless yoke with increases evenly distributed like Icelandic sweaters
- the waist shaped by cables and decreases
- the edge with a large 11 tbl rib to fit the hips
- the sleeves worked with staggered length cables forming a crescent aroud the sleeve.
It is worked with a negative ease (almost 5 to 7 cm). If you want to wear a sweater underneath you must choose a bigger size or one of the two sleeves variations included in the pattern.
If you want to change the measurements of the hips, you can decrease or increase the number of stitches between the cables of the sides. For example, increase on both sides of the cable or do not increase between cables at the last increasing row.
- High-Quality Knitting Pattern
Materials you need at home:
- A 36 '' (100 cm)
- US 4 (3.50 mm) circ needle
- US 4 and 3 DPN for the sleeves
- A tapestry needle
- 2 Markers
- 15 12 mm buttons
Mother of three, I have been immersed in creative pursuits from a young age. I like to knit, spin, sew, dye, cook and many other things. For several years now, I have added pattern creation to this list. I relish completing every step, and it's a real challenge which allows me to keep progressing and improving every day.