Princess Maeve, Irish Celtic Renaissance Medieval Doll
The Princess Maeve Pattern provides instructions for crocheting this beautiful and fair Irish lady. Princess Maeve dons a lovely, two-layer gown and chooses to wear a crown of fresh flowers over a crown of gold and gems. She’s a free-spirited soul who adores signing, dancing, and picking flowers in the woodland forest bordering her castle home.
This two-part 25-page pattern includes complete written instructions with accompanying photo references for crocheting this doll from start to finish. The pattern includes a hair tutorial and anime-style eyes tutorial.
Finished Measurements Height: 13 inches (33 centimeters) tall
Level Intermediate-Advanced. Requires familiarity with stitches used (below), joining rounds, attaching yarn, changing color, and sewing parts together.
Time to Complete Approximately 20 hours
Stitches/Terms Used (Written in US Terminology) MR magic ring (a.k.a. magic circle, magic loop) Ch chain Sc single crochet Hdc half double crochet Dc double crochet Sl st slip stitch (insert hook, yarn over, pull through both loops) Dec decrease (single crochet two stitches together) Inc increase (two single crochet in same stitch) FLO front loop only BLO back loop only
- Written step-by-step crochet pattern
- Photos included for visual aid
- US terminology
- Intermediate-advanced level (not for beginner crocheters and first-time doll makers)
Materials you need at home:
- Worsted medium weight (4) yarn in skin color, hair color, purple, light pink, dark pink, green
- 2.75 mm crochet hook
- Fiberfill stuffing
- White pipe cleaners or wires
- Yarn needle
- Safety pins
- For the eyes scrap of white cloth, waterproof black marker, color pencils, clear nail polish, hot glue or fiber glue