Lines of eyelets emerge at right angles from snaking cables, emphasizing the graceful length of this shawl as a simple gradient triangle extends into a trapezoid that wraps over the shoulders. On one side, the mini-skeins are reintroduced for a final flutter of narrow stripes.
Finished Measurements 84.5" (214.5 cm) wingspan x 20" (51 cm) depth
Gauge 19.5 sts and 38 rows = 4” (10 cm) over lace pattern using 3.5 mm (US 4) needles, hard blocked 26 sts and 36 rows = 4” (10 cm) over Stocking stitch using 3.5 mm (US 4) needles, blocked
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Charted and written instructions
Materials you need at home:
- Fingering/Sock weight yarn; main colour 840 yd (770 m); 5 contrasting colours 90 yd (82 m) each
- Shown here in: Suburban Stitcher Sock in Neptune (MC) and 1 set mini-skeins Whisper (C1), Smoke (C2), Cinder (C3), Ashes (C4), Coal (C5)
- 3.5 mm (US 4) needles
- Stitch markers
- Cable needle (optional)
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.