This stunning slouchy Hat features a lace pattern that is fully reversible, giving you two Hats in one!
Pattern is worked from the bottom up and includes charts for both the stitch pattern and the crown shaping. 3 sizes are included.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on, lace
Gauge: 21 sts x 28 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.75mm needles over St.St. 22 sts x 28 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.75mm needles over 1x1 Rib, lightly stretched
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (21, 23) in/ 45.75 (53.25, 58.5) cm (Finished size 15.25 (17.5, 19.5) in/ 38.75 (44.5, 49.5) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable & Cable cast-ons
Materials you need at home:
- 119 (164, 190) yd/111 (154, 178) m DK weight, single ply yarn (Sample shown in The Natural Dye Studio Queenies Love DK (230yd/210m per 100g; 40% Alpaca, 40% Merino, 20% Silk))
- 36yd/34m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 3.75mm/UK9/US5 & 4mm/UK8/US6 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.