The Queen's Golden State Coach tea cosy was designed to celebrate the Queen's 90th Birthday, but who wouldn't want the Queen to tea every day?
The Royal State coach is decorative with cherubs, crowns, palm trees, lions' heads, faces, tritons and glorious paintings, I had to simplify so what for a tea cosy design; so the result is an impression based on the Golden State Coach.
I have included the lion heads, there's one at each corner at the mid way point up the coach. Above the lions are the finials at each corner of the roof. The roof has twisted roof decorations which echo the fauna garlands that meet up with the three cherubs. The cherubs on the tea cosy are symbolised by three bobbles representing their heads. At the very top there is interlocking rings that mirror the crowning top.
Inside the red luxurious coach, you can see the Queen sitting at one window in blue and on the other side is Prince Philip.
The Queen's Golden State Coach tea cosy is perfect for any royal celebration tea party.
- Is made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 knitting needles,
- 3.25mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 knitting needles,
- 53g sunshine Double knitting wool,
- 15g black double knitting wool,
- 6g lipstick double knitting wool,
- 6g aster double knitting wool,
- 5g Meadow double knitting wool,
- Small amounts of flesh tone, turquoise, citron and white
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.