The Queen Victoria tea cosy is handcrafted from double thickness yarn for extra insulation. Queen Victoria is made from black yarn. Queen Victoria is displayed as she is traditionally remembered in black complete with a widow's cap.
Queen Victoria and the people of her time were very partial to high tea, tea time, tea and cakes, and tea on the lawn. Add a touch of reagalness to your tea time with a Queen Victoria tea cosy
- To suit a teapot for 6-8 cups
Materials you need at home:
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 100g Black Double knitting wool,
- 25g white double knitting wool,
- 25g peach double knitting wool,
- And a small amount of grey double knitting wool.
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.