Raglan Sweatshirt Hoodie Top - 70s inspired Sweatshirt.
- Pattern Pieces - to be printed then tiled together
- Tiled Grid - to help you assemble your pattern pieces
- instructions - for making up your Top (in cms/metric).
Materials you need at home:
- Elastic (optional - up to 1cm wide): measure your wrist then add 3cm. Multiply this measurement by 2 so that you have the correct amount for both wrists.
- Fabric Allowance: 114 cm/45" - 2.90m
- Fabric Allowance: 145 cm/57" - 2.05m
Simple to sew raglan hoodie. This loose hooded top is a great staple for any plus size wardrobe. Make up this PDF sewing pattern without the hood and you have an authentic vintage style 70s baseball shirt.
Sewing Skill Level: Lower Intermediate
On downloading this pattern you will receive x3 files
a) Patterns Pieces - to be printed then tiled together b) Tiled Grid - to help you assemble your pattern pieces c) Instructions - for making up your jacket
These files are best opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (it's free via Google). Print out in either A4 or US Letter.
Recommended Fabrics: Light - Medium weight jersey. Knitted/Stretch fabrics
For instructions on how to assemble tiles to create pattern pieces, head over to The VJ Seamsters sewing group on Face Book. There, you will also be able to exchange 'make up' tips and tricks with other VJ Seamsters.
At VJ Seamsters we make vintage inspired patterns for the curvy 'apple shaped' woman.
As well as flattering the curvy form, we create patterns which we consider 'contemporary classics': styles that don't date quickly and can be easily customised and adapted to your shape.
When choosing a style, check its sizing spec before you buy, so that you can gauge how much ease the style allows. Remember, some styles are more shaped and fitted than others so the amount of ease often differs from pattern to pattern.