Rainbow Butterfly C2C Blanket
This pattern is for a stunning rainbow butterfly using C2C stitches. Each colour blends into the next in a random pixelated fashion, creating an upifting and cheerful design. The pattern includes full instructions for every diagonal row of the design, as well as a colour diagram for the butterfly blanket.
I've designed this using a combination of rainbow colours, graduating upward from red and orange up to indigo and violet, but you could use whatever colours you wish. It would be a wonderful way to use up leftover yarn as each of the 7 butterfly colours use less than 40g/1.4oz of acrylic yarn.
This C2C butterfly blanket would also work beautifully as a wall hanging.
- MEASUREMENTS: 34.5 x 34.5in/ 88 x 88cm square
- STITCHES: Chains, slip stitches, double crochet (UK)/ single crochet (US) and treble crochet (UK)/ double crochet (US)
- A beginners knowledge of Corner-to-corner stitch formation
Materials you need at home:
- DK-weight acrylic yarn (UK)/ Light-worsted (US)/ / 8-ply (AUS) (approx 475g/13.4oz in total)
- Size 4.00mm (G/6) crochet hook
- Yarn needle and scissors
Avondale Patterns by Ruth Teskey
I ♥ Crochet!!!
I love all things crafty - knitting, sewing, lacemaking, embroidery, but my true passion is crochet. I was taught to crochet by a wonderful lady and I feel so lucky to be able to pass that knowledge on to others, in my classes and through my written patterns.
I hope you like my little designs. Happy Crocheting! R♥