- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the tortoise and photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
RAINBOW TORTOISE TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
This little tortoise would make a sweet pincushion. He is a great stash-busting pattern as you only need small amounts of yarn to make the multi-coloured rainbow shell.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a kfb increase and k2tog decrease, and sew seams. This pattern incorporates short rows to make the curved shell, and written instructions are included in the pattern. The shell also incorporates “pick up and knit” along an edge of knitting, and written instructions on how to do this are included too.
YARN, NEEDLES & NOTIONS INCLUDE:
FINISHED SIZE: The finished tortoise is approximately 6cm tall and 9cm long.