Introducing my Rainbow Tortoise knitting pattern, a colourful little toy or pincushion. The tortoise is 6 cm tall and 9 cm long. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. This pattern incorporates short rows to shape the shell. The pattern also incorporates “pick up and knit” along an edge of knitting and instructions are included. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a kfb increase and k2tog decrease, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the tortoise and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Small buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.