Red Telephone Box
Introducing my Red Telephone Box knitting pattern. I made this for my husband because he is always forgetting where his phone is, so now he can store it in an iconic red UK telephone box. I knitted the panels, embroidered the details, and used plastic canvas grids to strengthen the walls. Alternatively, you could just knit the exterior pieces and stuff them with toy filling to make a squidgy phone box toy. The box is 7.5 cm wide x 15 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, intarsia colour-work, and sew seams. Please be aware that this does take some time to make up because of the decoration and finishing; a little patience is needed.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Charts for the colour-work are included.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.25mm knitting needles (US 3)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Plastic canvas sheets or cardboard
- Buttons for closing the box and for the telephone dial
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.