Bring some Christmas cheer to your home with a knitted reindeer cushion, complete with a big red nose! Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the cushion is knitted in aran weight alpaca/wool blend yarns, and worked flat on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the cushion and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- One size only - not including the antlers, 25cm wide x 26cm tall.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4.5mm knitting needles (US 7)
- Aran yarn (worsted weight) in beige, brown and red.
- Buttons and white felt fabric for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.