René the Reindeer frolics in the forest! These little toys also make super Christmas decorations. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the reindeer and tree are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). DPNs are used to knit i-cord tubes to make the antlers. Embroider René’s nostrils, or add a red button nose! For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the reindeer and tree with photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Beads for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.