Introducing my Robots knitting pattern. The big robot has a back pocket for stashing secrets or spare fuel packs, and a concealed front panel with buttons. Both robots have an aerial which can be used as a handle for carrying around. The robots are 22 cm and 37 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The aerials/handles are i-cord tubes knitted on two DPNs. The eye panels are embroidered using Swiss darning (duplicate stitch) embroidery. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the two robots.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- DK weight yarns (light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons to decorate
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.