- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the two robots and photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
ROBOTS TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
A pair of busy robots, always ready to lend a helping hand. The big robot has a back pocket for stashing secrets or spare fuel packs, and a concealed front panel with buttons. Both robots have an aerial which can be used as a handle for carrying around.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the aerials/handles which are i-cord tubes knitted on two DPNs. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work basic increases and decreases, change colour at the end of a row (knit stripes), knit i-cord and sew seams. The eye panels are embroidered onto the robots after knitting using Swiss darning (or duplicate stitch) embroidery.
FINISHED SIZE: The big robot is 37cm tall and the small robot is 22cm tall (including the handles).