A hoodie for your Rock Star.
The sweater features a guitar on the front and panels on the back, sleeves and hood are knitted in a contrast yarn. This is a striking, warm and trendy sweater for children from 2 to 12 years.
Any Aran/Worsted yarn (10 ply) can be used so long as it gives the same tension as below.
The garment shown is knitted in Cascade Pacific (colour Cream 01), Cascade Pacific (colour Lapis 45), Stylecraft Special Aran (colour Black 1002) and Stylecraft Special Aran (colour Lipstick 1246)
Needles: 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
Tension – 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 5mm needles
An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 2 to 12 years and a large full-page coloured intarsia chart.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size 2 to 12 years
- Suitable for Beginners
- Large coloured chart to follow for knitting the guitar
- Colour coded pattern for the different sizes
Materials you need at home:
- Aran/Worsted (10 ply yarn)
- Colours Cream, Blue, Black and Red
- 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.