Roscoe's Toque - hand knitting pattern
This cozy, textured hat has super insulating powers and will keep you toasty warm. A simple combination of knits, purls, and slipped stitches, the Waffle Rib stitch creates delicious texture and thickness for a comfortable and sophisticated look that any knitter can achieve.
Roscoe’s Toque is knit in the round from the brim, with optional pom pom.
Stitches used: Knit, Purl, Slipped Stitches, Knit 2 Together decrease.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sized to fit: 16 1⁄2 (18 1⁄2, 20, 22, 24)" / 42 (47, 51, 56, 61) cm head circumference
- Sizes for babies to adults
Materials you need at home:
- Bulky weight yarn
- 130 (155, 195, 235, 275) yd / 120 (140, 175, 215, 255) m (includes pompom)
- 4.5 mm (US 7) double-pointed needles, two circulars or one long circular for Magic Loop technique (your choice)
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- 4" (10 cm) pompom maker or cardboard template
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.