Originally published in Knit Now magazine, Runway is now available to purchase as an individual pattern.
Using a fine and incredibly soft yarn, this Hat is decorated with twisted and slipped stitches, which create a subtle texture that is enhanced by the yarn's fibre and drape.
Knit in the round and bottom up, the Runway pattern includes 4 sizes and is provided in written format.
Skills required: Knit & purl stitches, knitting in the round, slipped stitches, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on
Gauge: 28 sts x 56 rows to 4in/10cm on 2.25mm needles over Garter St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (20, 22, 24) in/ 45.75 (51, 56, 61) cm (Finished size 15.5 (17.25, 18.75, 20.5) in/ 39.5 (43.75, 47.5, 52) cm)
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable & Cable cast-ons
Materials you need at home:
- 206 (245, 298, 346) yd/188 (224, 272, 316) m fingering/4ply weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in The Knitting Goddess Alpaca/Silk/Cashmere 4ply (437yd/400m per 100g; 70% Alpaca, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere))
- 57yd/52m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St
- Set 2.25mm/UK13/US1 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.