Sammy Snail and Lil Ladybug are quick knits, and you can also use them as cute pincushions. The snail shell is worked in knitted stripes, and the ladybird pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the toys are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the snail and ladybug.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 9cm - 13cm long
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Small buttons for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.