Introducing my Sammy Snail and Lil Ladybug knitting pattern. Sammy is 13 cm long and 9 cm tall, and Lil is 9 cm long and 5 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. This pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work to make the ladybird. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the snail and ladybug.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Small buttons for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.